Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What's with my braces??

I've been wearing braces for about 9 monthes now and they have straightened my teeth out dramatically already, but recently two of my front teeth started to drift back into the position they were before i got braces, they are just slightly shifted back into the direction they were in. And i don't understand why this is happening, i didnt get hit in the mouth, all of my brackets are on, my wires are fine, i still have the little rubber band chain around the brackets, NOTHING IS BROKEN and yet they are moving back into position. Are they supposed to do this? at my last ortho appointment they gave me rubber bands to wear, could that be it?i hate this i spend months getting my teeth straight and then for no apparent reason two of them start drifting backthank you
Answer:
It happens sometimes, my friend wears braces ever since third grade and he has the same problems. I looks like they need to re-tighten or re-cement the braces and brackets properly. Correct the teeth as quickly as you can, before it goes any worse.
Tell your Orthodontist this AGAIN and make him give you an answer! He may have not understood or thinks it is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment